Thursday, August 25, 2011

Notepad Holders using Clear-Mount Stamp Cases




Here's a view of a couple Notepad Holders I made with Stampin' Up! Clear-Mount Stamp Cases. These can be found on page 205 in the IBC 2011-2012. They come in a pack of 4 for $5.95. These are for my daughter's teachers, as a welcome back to school gift.



If you have not seen these cases, they have a sleeve on the outside of the case where I slipped in my decorative paper (don't you love that paper - sneak peek). I wrapped a ribbon around the middle of the case (I secure the ribbon with a little bit of Sticky Strip so the ribbon does not move around. I am sorry about the picture, it is hard to take a good picture because of the sleeve gives off a glare. These little guys are so cute and you don't have to worry about them getting dirty because you can wipe them off.



The note pads are regularly 5" x 8" notepads, I got these at Staples. **You have to trim the notepads to fit inside the cases. They will cut a stack of notepads for you. You will need them to cut the pads to 7 1/4".



Outside: I used the New Designer Series Paper - Spice Cake - (Can be found in the Holiday Mini pg 17). I love this paper, it so pretty. The colors are Soft Suede, More Mustard, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, River Rock, Very Vanilla. The paper sleeve: The bottom half is 5" x 10 5/8". I punched a narrow strip of Soft Suede Paper or Pool Party with the Scallop Trim Border (#118402) and attached it to the very top of the bottom half Designer Series Paper. I next attached a strip of 2" x 10 5/8" to the top of the Scallop Border. This is when Stampin' Up Grid Paper ((pg 207 #102787) comes in handy because you want the whole strip to be 7" x 10 5/8". Before slipping the paper into the case, I added a letter; cut from the Bigz Die Serif Essentials Alphabet (pg 223 #113464) to the front. After the paper sleeve is in the case, I attached my ribbon.



Inside: (Is a picture of mine) I used one of the leftover strips (it was 5" x ? I think it was 2") to cover the top of the notepad so it matched. I put some sticky strip to the back of the notepad and attached it to the inside of the case. On the left side of the case. I sealed one of the Medium Envelopes - Very Vanilla (#107300) and trimmed the side to 4 1/2". I attached the envelope to the left side of the case. The little envelope on top of the big envelope is a leftover piece from a Small Open-end Envelope that I had leftover from making photo wallet (I am glad I saved those babies). They make a prefect place to hold business cards. I did use my Round Tab Punch (#119864) to add the tabs to my inside pockets.



I hope you enjoyed the post today. Tomorrow I will post another little gift I made for the teachers. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment or send me an email.



Thanks for looking,

Karen



1 comment: