Friday, August 29, 2014

Wreath Christmas Card


Here's a wreath card that I made using the flower center of the Beautiful Bunch Stamp Set.  I stamped around a 3/4" circle as my guide using Garden Green Ink.  I stamped over and over turning my stamp a little as I went around the circle, making a wreath shape.  I went back over and over till all the blank spaces were filled in.  After I completed the card, I realized, I could have stamped some more and I should have stamped the Hardwood Stamp Set using Crumb Cake Ink instead of Early Espresso.  Anyway, I really liked the way it turned out but I am not sure if this is too much stamping for a card class.  Although the card is rather easy to put together, I am thinking there will be a lot of waiting for that flower center to make the wreath. 

The "Merry Christmas" saying is from the just retired More Merry Messages Stamp Set.  

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think.
Karen

1 comment:

  1. What a WONDERFUL card and I had to look up the stamp set in the catalog to see what stamp you used, because it sure didn't look like a flower stamp! I LOVE this!! You're right - if you did it for a class, there would be lots of waiting for that stamp, but what a cool effect! You also might need a refill for your Garden Green ink! I think I'll make this card today - thanks for the inspiration! :-)

    Susan, aka Soozie4Him on SCS
    moot96 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete