I could not decide what retired stamp set I wanted to play with next. I settled on Painted Petals, I just love this set and was really hoping it was going to carry over into the new Catalog. One of the main reason I love this set, it is so easy to create a quick and fun work of art. I do love to watercolor/color but sometimes, you don't want to take the time.
I wanted to create a couple cards using the same layout but different color combinations. I wanted to show off more of the In-Colors. Well... at least I am showing the Watermelon Wonder, hehehe. I could not resist coming back to my favorite, Mint Macaron. I know I just love that color, it makes me love colors I am not crazy about like Blackberry Bliss. I have never been a purple girl but those colors look awesome together. Don't you think? I also think that the Watermelon Wonder look great with the Mint Macaron but I made myself use another color of green, like Wild Wasabi. Which I think is a fun summer combo.
- Fun Foam was used behind the main layer to add some depth to the card.
- The Hardwood Stamp was lightly stamped using Sahara Sand Ink on a Sahara Sand piece of cardstock.
- Blendabilities was used to color the pearls to add some bling.
- The Party Pennant Die, Modern Label Punch and the Blackberry Bliss Ribbon are on the retired list.
- Color Combos: (1) - Mint Macaron, Blackberry Bliss, Sahara Sand. (2)- Watermelon Wonder, Wild Wasabi, Sahara Sand. - (That Wild Wasabi Ribbon is some old retired ribbon I had and I really liked it on this card.
Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!