Saturday, June 25, 2016

Detailed Floral Thinlits and In-Colors



I have been wanting to play with the Detailed Floral Thinlits since I got them but just had the time to make a few cards.  I love this framelit, it makes such a beautiful easy card.  I know I have not done anything differently than what I have seen but I added a few touches.

  • After I cut out the Detailed Floral with the Very Vanilla Paper I colored the cutout with the Wink of Stellar - Clear pen to make sure it sparkled.  
  • I also used the Foam Strips (I had to cut a few very small to pop it up off the front).  
  • The window sheet insert for the front card flap.  
I had to used some of my favorite colors - Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy, Sweet Sugarplum, and Mint Macaron.  I used the Very Vanilla because I wanted to use the New - Very Vanilla 1/2" Lace Trim.

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!
Karen





Product List

5 comments:

  1. Love the cards, how did you get the edge of the card to match the framelit?
    TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean the bottom edge or the side edge? The bottom edge - the detailed cutout was placed on top of the cardbase front for placement. Next I lined up the "edge framelit" and applied removal tape so it did not move. Removed the cutout and ran the cardbase through the big shot. I will try and do a mini video, if it is too confusing. The Very Vanilla piece was 4-1/4" wide so it was the width of the cardbase front.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card! I do have a question, though. What did you mean about the window sheet as the front card flap? Is there a window sheet beneath the blue layer?
    Thank you.
    Jeneane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all the cards have the window sheet. If you look closely you can see the window sheet on the Emerald, Dapper Denim and the Sugarplum Card.

      Delete