Monday, June 20, 2016

Helping me grow and New Incolors

Dapper Denim, So Saffron Pear Pizzazz and Crumb Cake

I was very happy to see that the Helping Me Grow stamp set made it into the New Annual Catalog.  It was a set I purchased with my goodies from the occasional catalog but was not able to play.  I thought it was a fun set to play with the new in-colors.  I made these cards more than a month ago, it just took me awhile to upload them, sorry about that.  

My favorite new in color is the Dapper Denim, Sugar Plum and Emerald Envy (which I did not play with).  I was very excited about the Peekaboo Peach and Flirty Flamingo but they are brighter than I would like but I am sure they will grow on me.  

I tried a new technique with water coloring these cards.  I used my re-inkers and Whisper White Shimmer Paper.  I have been reading about it lately but really wanted to try it.  I highly recommend you heat emboss the flower image before you watercolor.  I think it works a lot easier.  The only card I heat emboss was Sugar Plum Card and it was a lot easier to watercolor and really made the colors pop.  

I also took scissor to my Flower Image and separated the flowers to make it easier to create this card.    

Peekaboo Peach, Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz and Early Espresso
Sweet Sugarplum, So Saffron, Old Olive,and Crumb Cake

Flirty Flamingo, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz and Sahara Sand

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!
Karen


Product List

3 comments:

  1. At first I was not sure if I liked the new IN COLORS, but after seeing these...WOW!, I am now in love with the colors. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete