Thursday, January 14, 2016

In the Meadow


Here's a card I made using the In the Meadow stamp set from the Occasion Catalog.  I love to watercolor and the images from this stamp set, are wonderful to use.  This is the first card using this set, I will post another card tomorrow.  I used my Aqua Painter with my Ink pads, Markers and I played with the Zig Clean Color Brush Pens.  To be honest, I saw a video on them I thought I would love them.  Well I love the pens, I am just not happy with the colors.  I am so use to Stampin Up colors, I had a hard time getting the colors I wanted.  I even bought the 60 pens because I wanted more colors.  So I only used the Zig's No.072 Beige on the deer.  I loved the color I achieved and was not able to get that with the Stampin Up Ink pads or markers.   

I started out watercoloring the sky and grass with the Ink pads and Aqua painter.  Next I stamped the Deer, flowers and grass with the Old Olive.  I used my Stampin Up Markers to color the flowers.  I stamped the Deer on a scrap piece of waterccolor paper using the Staz On Timber Brown and colored using the Zig No. 072 beige and Aqua Painter to color the deer (yup, I fussy cut the deer out).  

Thanks for looking and letting me know what you think.  
Karen

      

1 comment:

  1. I love the cards you are making with In the Meadow. They are absolutely wonderful. Thank you for sharing your talent!!!! Hugs from Colorado, Judy

    ReplyDelete