Friday, March 6, 2015

PP234 Indescribable Gift Interlocking Gate Fold


Here's a card I created using The Paper Players - Theme Challenge - "Think Spring".  With old man winter not ready to go away, and has decided to give us another 6" of snow in Maryland.  I really am looking forward to some warm weather.  What better time to play with one of my favorite stamps from the Spring Catty.  I have been playing with this stamp set, and I love this image on Vellum and using my Blendabilities to color it from behind the image.  I love the soft look.  This is the second card I created using the same layout, the card below is I first one I created but I was not like it with the Early Espresso.  I wanted the flowers to be a focal point of this card and I think I achieved this with the second card (above and to the right).  When I switch to Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Blushing Bride and Pear Pizzazz.  

 I have seen so many great cards using this stamp and I wanted to make it a little different so that is why I went with the Interlocking Gate Fold Card. The Window Framelits made this easy to make, I have noticed that the Window Framelits are not even on all sizes.  Not sure if it is just me, but I have found that you need to make sure they line up well before adhering them down and sometimes I have to turn them make it work.

Thanks for stopping by!  Please let me know what you think, I love comments!

Thanks again,
Karen







4 comments:

  1. What a pretty card Karen - this stamp works so well on your gatefold card and I love the hardwood background. Thanks for joining us for our spring challenge over at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. L-O-V-E this card.. The hardwood image is perfect with your beautifully colored and well blended flowers. Whoever gets this card will be amazed by your artistry.. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, this is such a beautiful card! I love the unique fold and all of the fantastic detail you added. Your coloring on the image is so pretty, too. Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete