Sunday, March 15, 2015

Vintage Painted Petals



I sat down to play with the Painted Petals Stamp Set again.   I really love this stamp set.  With this card, instead of stamping in the lines, (pun intended), I used this stamp set differently.  With the magic of a couple post it notes, I was able to mask a few images here and there and created this card.  At first I was not sure if I wanted to stamp on Very Vanilla or Whisper White so I did both and realized, I really loved it with the Very Vanilla.  I love the Vintage look or should I say Shabby Chic?  

I first stamped the group of flowers with the Blushing Bride Ink, I masked a couple flowers until I got the flower base I wanted.  I really love the three roses together, so I pulled out my Strawberry Slush Ink pad and stamped the two roses once in the center and stamped again but masking with a post-it note to make a grouping of three roses.  Next come the leaves, of course, I could not use the leaves whole so I would ink up the two different ends with Wild Wasabi Ink and stamped around the 3 roses using my post-it note to make sure to not stamp anywhere else on my creation.  Before re-inking the leaves again, I would stamp around the Blushing Bride Flowers so it would be a lighter shade of green.

I covered the Blushing Bride cardbase with a sheet of Very Vanilla stamped with the Dictionary Stamp Set in Sahara Sand.    Everything was lightly sponged with Sahara Sand Ink.    To change things up a bit, I used my corner rounder on the top left and bottom right pieces.  Next I added some Sahara Sand Lace, one of the Blushing Bride Roses from the Artisan Embellishment Kit and added some colored pearls to the top left side of the card.

When I was done with the card, I forgot I had a few pieces stamped in Whisper White.  I decided to just go ahead and make a duplicate card in the Whisper White, that is the card on the left.  It is pretty in the Whisper White but my personally favorite is the Very Vanilla.

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!

Thanks,
Karen

3 comments:

  1. That is a stunning card! I am case-ing it for Mum for Mother's day as I love to make her something pretty and special. Which stamp set does the sentiment come from - it is hard to beat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I know I really liked that saying as well. It was from the Sale-A-Bration (SAB) 2015 Simply Wonderful Stamp Set.

      Delete