Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Homemade Shimmer Mist

Sample with No Shimmer Mist

This is just a post on how to make the Homemade Shimmer Mist, I have been getting a lot of questions about the recipe. This is not my recipe, I have seen it several years ago, when Stampin Up started selling the Shimmer Paint and I have been using it all along.

NOTE: Since Stampin' Up! has stopped selling this Shimmer Paint.  I buy mine from Amazon.

        

*You can use the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint or the Frost White Shimmer Paint. But the Platinum is too thick and I have not been successful with that one.

Sample with Frost White Shimmer Mist

Sample with - Champagne Shimmer Mist

*To Make Homemade Shimmer Mist - Select your Shimmer Paint and get your bottle of rubbing alcohol. Take a clean fine mist spray bottle put some drops of shimmer paint and fill with rubbing alcohol, shake, spray onto card and let dry for a few minutes.

Tip: The key is to get as much shimmer on the card with less sprays. The alcohol can mess with the adhesive on the card. I usually like to spray my card pieces before I assemble. You can use more or less paint to get your desire look.

Have fun and I wish you lots of shimmer! :o)
Thanks,
Karen

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the look of your shimmer mist and want so badly to use it, but it seems every time I spray my cardstock, any ink I've stamped with runs. Does this happen to you? Is there a trick I'm missing? :)

    Your work is SO beautiful!

    Thanks!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try these few tips:
    1. Try to add more shimmer paint to the mix and spray less.
    2. Shake the spray bottle before you spray as well.
    3. Spray a couple times off the image before you spray the image.
    4. Try to only spray your stamped image 1-2 times.
    I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't you spray your card first, let it dry thoroughly THEN stamp? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete