Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Day of Gratitude Notecard Gift Set Part 1
Here's a notecard gift set that I made with the “Day of Gratitude” Stamp Set. The color combo is More Mustard, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Always Artichoke and Natural Ivory. Today I will explain how I made the Holder. If you come back tomorrow I will show you the cards for inside, they are pretty.
To make the bag/box, I used the Box #2 Die, Scallop Circle Bigz Dies, and Clear Circle Bigz Dies.
1. Run cardstock through the big shot with the Box #2 die and cut off the top 3- flaps of the box (sides and back). Using “Sticky Strip Tape” to the bottom and side flaps to assemble the box (you want an open box).
2. Cut two Scallop Circle’s using matching cardstock (here I used Soft Suede). Trim the bottom edge of the scallop circles to the desire height for the box (I can’t remember, I just made sure you could not see the box behind the circle).
3. Cut two circles in Natural Ivory with the Clear Circle Die. Randomly stamp the leaves and acorn onto the circles using Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Always Artichoke and More Mustard Classic Ink.
4. Run the stamped circles through the big shot with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. Lightly sponge the top and edges with soft suede ink (Just to give it that vintage look).
5. Trim the circles so they will fit onto the two scallop circles. Attach the ribbon to the embossed stamped circles. Attach the circles to the scallop circles. Use the paper-piercing tool to punch holes into each scallop. Attach any embellishments to the front.
6. Here is where I used a retired product “Jumbo Eyelets”, I know I don’t like using retired products but I like to use the eyelets for attaching the ribbon to paper. (So I will use them until I don’t have them…I can’t believe these are retired). Anyway if you have any you will want to punch a hole on each side of the box, using the Crop-a-Dile and attach a jumbo eyelet. If you don’t have any jumbo eyelets you can use a brad to attach the ribbon to the side or punch a hole in the side and put your ribbon through the hole.
7. Attach the completed scallop circles to the front and back of the box. Your box/bag is complete.
Come back tomorrow to see the pretty notecards I used to fill the box/bag.
Thanks for looking,
Stamps: Gratitude Stamp Set (#122222, pg 28)
Punches/Dies: Box #2 Bigz Xl Die (#114518, pg 221), Scallop Circle Bigz Dies (#113468, pg 222), Extra-Large Oval Punch (#119859, 212), Clear Circle Bigz Dies (#114533, pg 223), Lots of Tags Sizzlits Die – Label 4 (#114508, pg 224), Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976, pg 218),
Ink: Cherry Cobbler Classic (#119669 pg 179), More Mustard Classic Ink (#103162, pg 179), Always Artichoke Classic Ink (#105219, pg 179), Soft Suede Classic Ink (#1115657, pg 180)
Embellishments: Always Artichoke 3/8" Denim Jean Ribbon (#125054, pg 195), Soft Suede 3/8” Taffeta Ribbon (#122967, pg 195), Jumbo Eyelets - retired
Tools: Paper-Piercing Tool (#116631, pg 207)
Accessories: Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (#116806, pg 203)
Adhesives: Sticky Strip (#104294, pg 206), Stampin Dimensionals (#104430, pg 206)