Monday, January 9, 2012

OCC - Shape Card Challenge


I was playing around last week with the Framelits Dies - Labels Collection.  I started out making a make-n-take for a crop I had over the weekend.  I came up with making an Owl using the 2nd largest Label Framelit Die.  I added him to the Fancy Favor Die, which made a great candy holder.  He is just too cute.  That started me thinking, he would make a really cute easel card. When I saw that the challenge for Our Creative Corner - Challenge - was Show Us Your Shapes Challenge.   I got busy making this cute owl into an easel card.




Sneak Peek Alert - The paper, brads and ribbon are in the Sale-a-bration Catalog  - Everyday Enchantment collection.  This will fit in a regular size envelope.  Let me know what you think.

Paper Crafters Sampler Early Bird Ends Today!
Last day for the Paper Crafters Sampler Early Bird Special.

Sign up for the 2012 Paper Crafters Sampler for the discounted rate of $89.00.

That's a savings of $5.00 off the $12.99 monthly issues.
My Design Team Code: PCSKS
If you preorder your "Expression of Affection" and get started on your "Sweetly Dispensedcontainer.   I can't wait till I start playing around with that template, I have thought of another way to use it.  I hope to post it later today or tomorrow. 

Thanks for looking,
Karen
Stamps: Grateful Greetings (#116511, pg 27), Delightful Dozen (#122652, pg 167)

Paper: Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper (SAB), Poppy Parade (#119793, pg 176), Soft Suede (#115318, pg 180), Naturals Ivory (# 101849, pg 181), Peach Parfait (#119794, pg 176)
Punches/Dies: Scallop Oval (#119856, pg 210), Large Oval (#119855, pg 212), Retired - Small Oval, Pinking Hearts Border (#117649, pg 211), Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border (#119275, pg 211), 1" Circle (#119868, pg 212), 3/4" Circle (#119876, pg 212), Owl Builder Punch (#118074, pg 213), 5-Petal Punch (#119880, pg 210), Blossom Punch (#125603, pg Occasion Mini pg 17), Labels Collection Framelits Dies (#125598, OM pg 6), Fancy Favor Bigz XL Dies (#115965, pg 221)

Ink: Soft Suede Classic Ink (#1115657, pg 180), Poppy Parade (#119782, pg176),

Embellishments: Everyday Enchantment Ribbon & Brad PACK (SAB), Metallic Brad (#119741, pg 199),

Tools: Paper-Piercing Tool (#116631, pg 207)

Accessories: Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (#116806, pg 203)

Adhesives: Sticky Strip (#104294, pg 206), Stampin Dimensionals (#104430, pg 206)  

7 comments:

  1. OH MY, this is adorable, so creative and I love the colors!! Thanks for playing with us this week on the OCC show us your shape challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work. I ordered the Papercrafters January issue after seeing your sneak peek! I love this owl. Did you use dimensionals or sticky strip to apply his feathers? I am trying to figure out where you used the owl punch? I can't wait to download my Sampler! This is my first issue! I hope you have more posts because I love your cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I hope you like the January Issue. Don't forget next month is the Easter Issue.

    I used some Sticky Strip and SNAIL for his feathers. I put the adhesive on his body and than pressed his feathers in the middleto attach. I also curled the edges of his feathers to...which gave them body.

    I used the Owl Punch for the hearts in his eyes...because he is in loovvveee. LOL

    Yes, I will be posting more soon. Thanks for looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a fondness for birds and owls, and I just love your owl card! I think you did a fabulous job with all the ovals, I mean feathers! and the smooch spray was the perfect finishing touch!
    thank you for playing along with us @ OCC, and I hope that we see more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card....I love the different patterns! Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, Karen...as a huge fan of anything "owl" I love, love, LOVE this little cutie! The colors are so rich and I really like that you made him into an easel card, too. SO creative! Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week! :) Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete