Thursday, May 21, 2015

Goodbye Painted Petals and Party Pennants


I could not decide what retired stamp set I wanted to play with next.  I settled on Painted Petals, I just love this set and was really hoping it was going to carry over into the new Catalog.  One of the main reason I love this set, it is so easy to create a quick and fun work of art.   I do love to watercolor/color but sometimes, you don't want to take the time.

I wanted to create a couple cards using the same layout but different color combinations.  I wanted to show off more of the In-Colors.  Well... at least I am showing the Watermelon Wonder, hehehe.  I could not resist coming back to my favorite, Mint Macaron.  I know I just love that color, it makes me love colors I am not crazy about like Blackberry Bliss.  I have never been a purple girl but those colors look awesome together.  Don't you think?  I also think that the Watermelon Wonder look great with the Mint Macaron but I made myself use another color of green, like Wild Wasabi. Which I think is a fun summer combo.  

  • Fun Foam was used behind the main layer to add some depth to the card.  
  • The Hardwood Stamp was lightly stamped using Sahara Sand Ink on a Sahara Sand piece of cardstock.
  • Blendabilities was used to color the pearls to add some bling.  
  • The Party Pennant Die, Modern Label Punch and the Blackberry Bliss Ribbon are on the retired list.   

  • Color Combos: (1) - Mint Macaron, Blackberry Bliss, Sahara Sand. (2)- Watermelon Wonder, Wild Wasabi, Sahara Sand.  - (That Wild Wasabi Ribbon is some old retired ribbon I had and I really liked it on this card.  



Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!
Karen
   

No comments:

Post a Comment