Tuesday, June 16, 2015

From Land to Sea


As soon as I saw the From Land to Sea stamp set, I knew I wanted to make an underwater card.  I just love the Sea Turtle and the Jelly Fish image.  First, I stamped the jelly fish using the Craft White Ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Next I used my aqua painter, Night of Navy, Lost Lagoon, and Mint Macron to color the watercolor paper.  Once it was dried I stamped the Coral Image from the By The Tide Set around the edges in Tip Top Taupe.  Using the dots from the Gorgeous Grunge I stamped using the White Craft Ink.  I stamped the turtle onto a scrap piece of watercolor paper using my Timber Brown Staz On ink.  I colored him using the Mint Macron and Tip Top Taupe, fussy cut him out and attached to the card front using the Stampin Dimensional.   I created two different cards because I could not make up my mind which one looks better.  I like them both but I like the Tip Taupe cardbase more.  After I create the Lost Lagoon, my son informed me that the sea turtles eat jelly fish and the turtle would be going toward them (He always looks after me).  

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think.  
Karen






3 comments:

  1. Wow! These are truly AMAZING cards -- works of art for sure! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card - now I need to buy this set. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Just need a lesson on how to color the background. I'll have to give the aqua painters a try! Thanks for sharing and giving the details of how you did it.

    ReplyDelete