Monday, January 12, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches 168 & Love is Kindness



I have been wanting to play with the Love is Kindness stamp set in the Occasional Catalog, pg 32.  I love this stamp because of its size, which makes it quick and easy to color.  It could be used for Birthday, Thank you, Get Well, Easter, Mother's Day, Sympathy and Just Because Card, not bad for a $8.95 stamp.   I used the recent Freshly Made Sketches 168 to create this card. The Typeset DSP goes so well with this stamp, I had to use it as the main background.  I pulled out the new Pink Pirouette & Wild Wasabi Blendabilities to color the image, (Page 32).  I stamped the image again on a scrap piece of Very Vanilla and fussy cut the tulips out to add a little pop to the image.  
The cardbase is Wild Wasabi and an added layer of Blushing Bride.  The inside of the card, I placed a post-it note over the saying so I would just get the Tulips.  The added Twine is from the Painted Blooms Cotton Twine in the Occasional Catalog, pg 37.  
Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think of the card!
Karen


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card using a beautiful image. I love the dimensional look you've given to these flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is a great take on the sketch and I love the 3D effect on the flowers! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Love the colors and the layered flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and a super design, Karen. Love this! the layered tulips are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete